I’d like to take a minute to apologize to a few people -scratch that – a lot of people who’ve had the unfortunate luck of coming into contact with us over the past few days. It’s been rough, to say the least.
- Apologies to the friends I have ignored this week and the playdates I’ve had to cancel courtesy of the coxsackie virus visiting our house for the THIRD time. Ulcers on my children and myself make me a bad, mad, miserable friend.
- Apologies to the kind nurse at the pediatrician’s office with whom I was snappy on Wednesday when I needed an appointment for B between 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. so I could pick E up from preschool on time. You were very accommodating.
- Apologies to the shoppers yesterday at our local Kroger who witnessed an impressively loud and spit-filled tantrum by my very large 3 year old. All because I wouldn’t buy myself flowers. Oh, the irony.
- Apologies to the wonderful babysitters who graciously watched my cranky, cabin-fevered children this morning so I wouldn’t lose my cool due to the incessant whining, crying and fighting.
- Apologies to all those who witnessed me losing my cool at the city’s best bakery after I waited 30 minutes for a sandwich order that never made its way to the kitchen. Of course, they compensated me with a free cupcake and cappuccino upgrade so I shouldn’t begrudge. But I of am. Sorry.
- Apologies to the wonderful staff and patrons of Fleet Feet, the Color Vibe workers and the other racers who had to endure my screaming children at today’s Color Vibe race packet pick up. Additional apologies to the sweet, angel of a woman who tried to hold the door open for me and I instead rammed her little cheerful legs with my toddler-laden stroller/Weapon of Anger.
- Apologies to my husband who didn’t get to enjoy any of the aforementioned cupcake. That’s what happens when you stay at work two hours late and I have to do packet pickup alone with two cranky children.
Wine, anyone? Correction – another glass of wine, anyone?